Sunday, April 13, 2008

Shorter but sweeter..

I won't worry about the Adventure of setting up an account on LibraryThing - I haven't got time to read let alone keep track of it - but can I recommend you click on Groups, locate "Librarians who Library Thing" and select the talk topic "Funny Requests from Patrons"? Guaranteed to lift your mood!!!
My reaction to LibraryThing is that it is amazing, a cross between Libraries Australia and an infinitely large reading club. But I get this picture of people sitting in front of a computer screen typing away instead of actually reading books -surely you would need a lot of time to do both .... On the other hand, the reader assistance potential is huge. I think I will alert library patrons to its existence through the Library Lines column and leave them to to pursue it if they wish.

No comments: