Thursday, February 25, 2010

GoogleDocs is good medicine ....

I proffer this as evidence that I did create a form in GoogleDocs
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFhFVjY4UVp5Rl8wVG81VWdGbzctTHc6MA
I was one of those who thought GoogleDocs had great possibilities, not least because of being part of a Regional library in an earlier life. However the one time I was invited to particpate in creating a document via GoogleDocs it didn't work for me. But I still think in theory it is a great application!!
I had a look at the "list of 100 great Google doc tips" and thought the editing tips the most useful. Being able to make changes at the same time and sharing without emailing is at the heart of what makes GoogleDocs really useful. The ability to view various versions over time and if necessary choose "revert to this one" is very practical. And I rather thought I read somewhere that it was possible to colour-code alterations from individuals which would allow one to identify who was making the 'strongest' contributions and who was perhaps altering the underlying philosophy or didn't quite understand the intention of the document. And if I did imagine this it would be a useful refinement ....

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Yes - it does have the option to colour code responses - which makes it easy not only to see the changes, but to see how enthusiastically different people are editing, contributing - and this does not have to be sinister.

Ellen